Saturday, June 27, 2015

Letting Go


At times I have said the common denominator among parents who have a child with a disability is the thought, “What happens after I’m gone.” 

I just finished a book that stated the thought so clearly, “You’ll always be wondering: is my baby all right tonight? Is he sleeping peaceful? Is he happy and surrounded by people that cares for him? Is he in pain? Is he lonesome? Does he need something only I can give him, but he ain’t got no way to let me know? Lord, please keep my child safe tonight. That’s when I found faith, when my young’uns growed up and I had to let them go…it’s so hard for a mother to trust her young’uns to anybody else…”1

Have you ever felt like this? How can we help each other to let go?


1MoonWomen by Pamela Duncan, Delacorte Press

No comments:

Post a Comment